Top and Orbit views can be enhanced by adding room names:
Additionally, you can configure an interaction that moves the camera to the selected room view when a room name is clicked. See how it works in this live scene:
To add room names in the Top and Orbit views, use the Change view extension type and Triggers in the form of Sprites.
❕ You need to have views defined before you can add room names.
- Select Top view (Floor plan) or Orbit view from the list of your defined views.
- From the Viewer tab, click ➕ in the Extensions window to add a new Extension.
- Select Change view as the extension type.
- Click ➕ to add a Walk view of the room you want to add the interaction for.
- Click ➕ to configure the Trigger.
- From the dropdown list, select Sprite as the Trigger type.
- Enter any text (for example the room or view name) in the text field.
- Set the Opacity to 0.
- Click on the scene to set a Trigger position.
- Adjust the Height of the Sprite.
- Adjust the Position. It is important to increase the Z to place the trigger above the ceiling, so it is not visible when the camera is in one the rooms.
❕ Room name annotations look best if they all have the same text height (Height setting) and the same Z coordinate.
- Save the scene and test the interaction.